Saturday, January 21, 2012

Question For Camilla Alibrandi


Does wearing a backless dress and heels (like you did here) while shooting a men’s show make you feel powerful?

It creates a visual connection between who I am and what the others see.  It makes me feel safe and secure to think that others may understand me better through the image I put forth. For me, it doesn’t depend on who I’m with or what I’m doing; dressing in a sophisticated and feminine way is something too natural for me to detach from.



Is this how you typically dress for travel?

I had two black suitcases that day and was feeling nostalgic. I was going back home after two months of traveling around the world taking photographs.  I was wearing the black cape because it reminded me of someone I met during my journey, and would not see for a long time.  I wrapped gold enamel from the Chanel show a few days before, and twisted colorful silk threads through my braid to symbolize the route of travel, and the thoughts woven in between.



source: the sartorialist

No comments:

Post a Comment